Senior Protocol Developer
JOB TITLE: Blockchain Expert - Senior Protocol Developer
Melville is a biodefense intelligence software company that aims to take labs and human intervention entirely from the virus and disease detection and identification process. You'll develop a decentralized peer-to-peer platform that enables clients to reveal actionable insights about high-risk contamination events in real-time, detect and prevent potential outbreaks in advance, and write code that might end up saving the lives of millions.
The Data Scientist will be responsible for leading research activities of the company, including creating experimental designs and strategies, managing a research team, allocating resources, and presenting results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Agentless data collection and analysis from proprietary field instrumentation and measuring devices through hardware infrastructure.
- Decentralized storage, access, and analysis of biological mass spectrometry data on private blockchain networks.
- Develop advanced NLP applications including but not limited to text mining, summarization, information retrieval & inference, answer synthesis & ranking.
- Explore the interoperability between trade data systems, biomedical and clinical text, sensory intelligence, and IoT.
- Build and optimize the unstructured data ingestion pipeline that underlies our biohazard analysis engine.
- Verify data quality and ensure it via cleaning.
- Deploy models into our production ETL and present model outcomes in a scientifically rigorous manner.
- Must have 1+ years of focused experience in Smart Contracts or Blockchain Protocol development.
- Must have 1+ years of experience in data science/machine learning roles.
- MSc or a PhD in Computational Linguistics/Cognitive Science/Bioinformatics/CS, Biology/Life Sciences.
- Experience in agile, highly dynamic environments is a significant plus (startups, military intelligence units, crisis management organizations).
- Experience leveraging cloud technologies for big data analytics and IoT (AWS, Azure).
- Proficient in Python with the ability to understand existing complex code.
- Proficient in a deep learning framework such as TensorFlow/PyTorch.
- Fluent scientific and professional English.
- Location Independence: 100% distributed - work from anywhere.
- Mission Driven: some companies use AI to personalize ads; we use it to make communities safer, more resilient, and potentially save people's lives.
- Competitive Compensation: best in class medical, dental, and vision coverage.
Melville advocates equal opportunity and acceptance for all. We hire humble, brilliant people from a diverse set of backgrounds and promote them for what we believe they will do and not necessarily for what they have done. Our guiding principle is simple; all ideas are equal, the best idea wins, and no idea is permanent.